Thursday, October 18, 2012

Let me know if you've seen my brain...

This week has been a funny one.  I've had lots of different challenges, lots of hiccups and stressful moments, which in turn has produced a lot of laughs for me!  I cannot believe how much I've lost my brain!

On Tuesday and Wednesday I lost an important grade sheet, which it turns out I placed strategically in a Biology textbook.  It was the secret spot that was so secret I didn't know about it!

Driving home this week, I missed my exit for the I-90 and only realized it 2 or 3 exits later.  When I drive to and from school I'm always going against traffic (which is really nice).  But because I missed my exit, I had to turn around and sit in traffic.  It took me an hour to get home that day.  I honestly didn't care though, I just laughed and shook my head.  I truly feel I've reached a point where's there's just not too much I can do for myself.  I'm a lost cause :)

Minutes ago, I was told by a co-worker that the Mercer Island girls soccer team was in the hallway.  So I went outside to say hi to them because I taught many of them last year, and three of them are on my basketball team this year.  I locked myself out of my room.  No big deal!  I figured I'd walk around taking a short cut outside to get to another teacher's room.  As I walked outside, in the cool crisp fall air, I realized they close the school doors at 4:00 pm.  It's 5:15 pm right now.  So, because my life is in shambles, I also got locked out of the school.

Again, I just shrugged my shoulders and said "Whatever", because this is what I expect from myself these days!  I didn't want to go to the office to ask one of my principles to let me back in the school.  We just finished a meeting about teacher evaluations, and that would look REALLY GOOD if I asked my principle to let me back into the school, and back in my room.  Thankfully another teacher rescued me.

In my entire life, I've never been so absent-minded, so forgetful, so just not present.  I have mushy meninges in my brain, if it's even still there.  How students are learning from me is beyond my understanding!

No comments:

Post a Comment