Thursday, October 4, 2012

Grades & Planning

I truly believe for the month of September I've been living in Teacher La-La land.  It hasn't been too difficult, I've been on top of things and very organized.  Many of my co-workers have even commented on my "together-ness".

Well most of that changed this week, as I've been planning for the month of October.  In both my Biology and Chemistry classes we are changing units and I need to get Powerpoints done, lesson plans done, figure out what movies to watch on certain days etc.  At the same time, grades are due on Monday.  I am really on top of my grading, however I made a lot of things due last week (while I was sicker than a dog), and so I'm making up for the grading I have to do from last week, and trying to get them all in before Monday, while I'm planning 2 units in Bio and Chem for the month of October.

This is what real teaching is!  And blissful La-La land is over.  It was fun while it lasted :)

Thankfully though, I still love my job, and I still look forward to coming to work everyday!  I'd like to think I'm still in the "anticipation/reflection" stage (refer to Teacher Morale graph/pic).  I am trying to constantly reflect, so I can be better than I was the day before.  Does this make me a hero?  No... I just know where I'm at, and how much better I can be.  There's some pretty freaking awesome teachers at this school, and I'm still competitive so I know I've got a ways to go!


No comments:

Post a Comment